Monday, January 3, 2011

New Day


"When I wake up
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer
vision
I should start livin today
cause today's gonna be the day
the day's gonna be the day..." (Patty Cash)

"Sunday morning plan my day out
whole new blueprint brand new lay out
deep down still don't know if it'll play out
before the first time it feels like I done found a way out
skin gettin clearer and it feels like I lost weight
stop and say a prayer for the times I lost faith
troubles of the world had me in a crawl space
chicken wing sickening livin so off base
but now it's like I'm in the last lap of the car chase
and I finally understand my right to choose
my preacher man told me it can always be worse
even a three legged dog has three legs to lose
so you can stop and refresh the rules
breath in breath out let it heal all your exit wounds
somethin inside said that that's the move
and maybe today I'll restart fresh and new" (Phonte)

The Day performed by The Roots on the album How I Got Over

I think this is a great opener to the year. The words of this song are from an album that I would seriously consider album of the year. The Roots are an excellent act for "adult" fans of Hip-Hop. If you haven't gotten it, get it ;)
Faver ONE

No comments:

Post a Comment